Master Bedroom Makeover - Beds Have Finally Arrived

Although I started the master bedroom makeover a few months ago, it's taken me awhile to decide what I wanted to do for our headboards and bed-frames   At first I thought I might make upholstered headboards, but decided against it when I came across these upholstered beauties.  They are upholstered in a rich Chocolate linen like textured fabric... and have nailhead trim around the headboards.  


These are made by Ashley Furniture and they retail for $599 a piece.  I was able to get them for a steal at only $300 a piece.  So basically I got two for the price of one (so happy).   I love them and I love it even more since I got a great bargain on them!!!


Wondering why we have two queen beds in our master bedroom???  Well, my husband tends to twitch a bit when he sleeps and I am a very light sleeper.  Having two beds, we can choose to share, or each have our own.  It keeps me from having to kick him out of the bedroom at night :)  Plus mine is a little softer and his is a bit firmer.  That's the way we each like our bed.  This way we both always get a good night sleep!

Having such a large bedroom allowed me to go for a boutique chic hotel vibe.  I still want to get hotel style comforters and duvet covers and add a few more accents to the room.  Also I'm thinking of making some pendant chandeliers to hang over the outer end tables.  But for now, I'm quite happy with the way things are coming along.

Until next time,
Happy decorating!

Diana



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bedroom, I love the colour palette. Love the idea of two beds in one room too, we usually end up with a few children in with us by morning so the extra bed would be great!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana